The cold weather has arrived and what better way to warm yourself up than with this fall-themed soup. A perfect blend of seasonal herbs and veggies to hit all the right spots! This is a perfectly light soup to make after a weekend of feasting!
Creamy One-Pot Squash Sweet Potato Soup
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cubed squash (butternut, acorn, or kabocha)
- 1 cups cubed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- pumpkin seeds for topping (optional)
In a medium sized pot, preheat oil with whole garlic cloves on medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add squash and sweet potato and sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
Add broth or water, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
Add sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth (can also be done in a blender).
Serve warm, topped with pumpkin seeds and more parmesan if desired.